PRESCRIPTION Drug Rehab IN NEWPORT BEACH, CA
Prescription drug abuse is one of the most common forms of addiction in the U.S., as well as one of the most dangerous.
PRESCRIPTION DRUG addiction treatment in Newport Beach, CA
Whether it’s abusing medication prescribed for attention deficit disorder or taking stimulants or sedatives that affect the central nervous system, not only are there many risk factors associated with addiction to prescription drugs, but the chance of drug overdose is also extremely high.
Unlike the image we usually expect when we think of substance abuse, prescription drug addiction doesn’t involve illegal drugs. Instead, it involves the non-medical misuse or abuse of drugs typically prescribed by medical doctors.
The Most Commonly Abused Prescription Medications
- Opioids like Oxycontin and fentanyl
- Benzodiazepines (benzos) like Xanax and Valium, used to treat anxiety and sleep disorders like insomnia
- Prescription stimulants like Adderall and Ritalin, used to treat attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD)
- Antidepressants like Wellbutrin and trazodone
Signs of Prescription Drug Abuse
The side effects and withdrawal symptoms shown by someone abusing prescription medicine vary depending on the substance they are using and how long they’ve been taking it. Some of the more general signs are described below.
- Irregular heart rate
- Excessive sleepiness
- Nausea and vomiting
- Pinpoint pupils
- Changes in appetite
- Slurred speech
- Poor coordination
- Visiting multiple doctors to obtain prescriptions
- Forging prescriptions
- Stealing or borrowing medication
- Changes in social groups
- Neglecting responsibilities
- Engaging in risky behavior
- Financial problems
- Mood swings
- Anxiety and paranoia
- Difficulty concentrating
- Memory issues
- Cognitive impairment
- Unexplained, intense feelings of pleasure or elation
Choose Newport Beach Recovery Center for Lasting Recovery from Prescription Drug Addiction
Newport Beach Recovery Center is a specialized drug addiction treatment center in Orange County, Southern California. Our clinical staff have years of experience offering treatment for prescription drug addiction and understand that quitting can be extremely challenging.
At Newport, we help you fight your addiction by giving you access to a range of evidence-based treatments, from medical detox to inpatient and later outpatient programs. Instead of offering a one-size-fits-all recovery pathway, our team works with you to help you create a treatment plan that addresses all your needs.
What We Offer
Our most commonly offered drug rehabilitation programs include:
- Medical detox and medication-assisted treatment
- Residential inpatient treatment and other inpatient programs
- Outpatient programs
- Partial hospitalization programs
- Ongoing care and addiction counseling
- Support groups
- Dual diagnosis treatment for those with co-occurring disorders and mental illnesses
Alongside the world-class care for prescription medication addiction offered by our mental health and addiction counselors, our private, luxury rehab offers a range of amazing amenities. Our 6-person residential treatment facility ensures each participant struggling with a substance use disorder receives the best care possible from our dedicated addiction treatment counselors.
Favorite features among those who have been with us for drug use problems and co-occurring issues like mental disorders include our home theater and the fact that our facility is located just minutes from the beach.
To learn more about how our addiction and mental health counselors and customizable treatment plans can help you, get in touch today.