Rehabilitation facilities have strict policies about what you can bring with you to treatment. To help you pack accordingly, many treatment centers provide a checklist that you can refer to. As you prepare for drug or alcohol rehab in Newport Beach, you can check off the recommended items on the checklist. This will help you feel more confident about going to rehab.
When you arrive at the treatment center, they will look inside your bags to make sure that no prohibited items are brought in. This protects you and the other residents. Typically, prohibited items are those that can distract you during recovery, as well as things that aren’t allowed on the premises.
Newport Beach Recovery Center believes in providing as much information as possible to our clients and their families so that they can prepare for treatment. Below is a thorough checklist of what you can expect to bring with you to inpatient drug treatment. For more specific information regarding our residential treatment center in Newport Beach, contact our admissions department.
What Most Rehab Centers Recommend You Pack
Each rehab facility has its own recommended list of things to bring. Some are stricter than others. However, you can expect that almost any inpatient rehab you stay at will have you bring the following:
- Contact information. Write down the names, addresses and phone numbers of those you wish to include on your care team. This may include family members, healthcare providers or a 12-step sponsor.
- Prescription medications. Bring along your current prescription medications in their original bottles. Liquid medications must be sealed and new. Also pack a list of medications and their dosages.
- Photos of loved ones. Most inpatient drug rehabs in Orange County will allow you to have pictures of your loved ones in your room or wallet. Seeing their faces each day will provide comfort and motivation.
- Personal hygiene products. Many inpatient treatment programs provide basic toiletries, but not all do. And even if the center does offer toiletries, you may feel more at home by bringing along your favorite shampoos, conditioners and deodorant.
- Important documents. When arriving at the facility, you’ll need important documents such as a form of identification, a health insurance card and a pharmacy or prescription card. Also bring along a small amount of cash for vending machines.
- Leisure items. Most rehabs let you bring leisure items such as a deck of cards, reading material or crossword puzzles. The facility may also provide reading materials that are spiritual in nature. Some centers even allow laptops or tablets.
Clothing to Bring to Drug Rehab in Newport Beach
Pack comfortable clothing that follows the center’s policies. Most treatment facilities have strict dress codes, so it’s important to be aware of any restrictions. Also be mindful of the weather. If you’re unsure, pack in layers, with t-shirts, sweaters and jackets.
Avoid overpacking, however. You only need about a week’s worth of clothes, as there’s limited closet space available in most rooms. To give you an idea of what to pack, here’s a sample list:
- Shoes. Bring comfortable shoes for everyday wear and flip flops for the shower. If the treatment center offers an outdoor therapy program, be sure to pack athletic shoes as well.
- Shirts. Pay attention to the center’s dress code. Usually, it’s best to pack tank tops/undershirts, t-shirts and sweaters.
- Socks and undergarments.
- Bathing suit. If the center has a swimming pool or hot tub, you’ll want to bring along one appropriate bathing suit.
- Pajamas/bathrobe/slippers. Pack the bedtime items that will keep you comfortable and help you sleep soundly.
- Sweater/jacket. For a chilly day or air conditioned building, bring along a jacket, sweater or cardigan.
Are There Items You Shouldn’t Bring to Rehab?
Just as there are things you should bring to rehab, there are some items you should NOT bring. Usually, there is a valid reason why a Newport Beach drug rehab won’t allow certain items, such as that they want to create a safe, supportive and positive environment for all residents.
Here are the types of items most treatment centers prohibit:
- Drugs and alcohol
- Food and drinks
- Items containing alcohol (i.e., mouthwash)
- Unapproved or previously opened medications
- Revealing clothing
- Large amounts of cash
- Valuables (i.e., jewelry)
A New Life Awaits. Start Treatment Today.
Newport Beach Recovery Center is a drug and alcohol rehab program in Newport Beach California. We provide detoxification services, residential treatment and outpatient treatment. This allows you to complete all of your care under one roof. Contact our admissions department to learn more about our treatment services, what to pack and how to begin your journey.